April Favorites





April wasn't too exciting for me... just a lot of school, rain, and seemingly tedious tasks. I didn't try that many new products this month due to lack of cash flow (too much Starbucks I suppose), but I fall in love with a few new products most of which I actually stole from my older sister. Although, in all honestly she wasn't using them anyways and makeup expires so I guess I'm kind of doing her a favour right?

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer: I've been using this concealer for ages now. As with most cream concealers, this delivers with fantastic coverage and blend ability. It comes with two different shades, with the lighter pan being bigger. I use the darker shade to conceal my blemishes and I've never used the lighter shade until recently as I started using it as a highlight for my nose.

Wayne Goss Taper Blending Brush 02: My sister bought the entire Wayne Goss Brush Collection and so I got to try them and I was super impressed with this blending brush. The bristles are soft and feathery so it's not dense enough to pick up too much colour but it blends beautifully. If you watch Wayne Goss's videos you'll know that he's a firm believer in using two different brushes to apply and later blend to avoid muddiness on the eyelid, so his design for the brush completely makes sense. 

Lioele Blooming Lip Gloss in Pink Flower 03: If you're looking for a opaque and pigmented lip gloss this isn't for you. But, if you're looking for a super moisturizing high gloss lip then definitely try this out!  I've been reaching for this a lot lately as a quick finishing touch to my everyday look and I've really grown quite fond of it! And it tastes like fuzzy peaches!

NYC Lipstick in Mahogany: A very dark wine colour. Dark lipsticks really scared me for a long time! I could never pull them off so I always just strayed away from them, but lately I've really been liking just a tint of a wine hue on my lips. If you're interested in a brightening effect on the skin, I recommend trying a colour like this one out. I apply three swipes on the middle of my bottom lip, two around my cupid's bow and then I just use my fingers to blend out the colour! I will be doing a full review with swatches of this lipstick soon! 

Calvin Klein Shock for Her Rollerball: My favourite scent for spring is actually Dot or Daisy by Marc Jacobs but I don't have either of those in rollerball! I like to smell like freshly sprayed perfume throughout the day so this rollerball came very handy this month! It's a very sweet and fruity scent with notes of citrus and vanilla! 

That's it for April! If you want full reviews or have any question on any of these products, go ahead and leave them in the comment section below! 

xxx Jenny 

Comments

Popular Posts