The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Pastel Cushion Blusher: 05 Peach Cushion

Left: Before, Right: After one coat blended with a blush brush
The Face Shop Lovely Me:Ex Pastel Cushion Blusher lured me in by the adorable packaging and affordable price! I purchased this a while ago at my local The Face Shop for $10.95! 

The blush itself is extremely portable and convenient but unfortunately fails to impress me in terms of pigmentation and longevity. I brought this with me during my trip to mexico to save the the space of an extra blush brush but the powder puff was more for show. The puff picked up and applied way to much powder and left a very powdery finish as well. The puff could not blend out the blush properly and you are left looking like a weird clown on crack. To apply the blush, I usually apply the colour using the puff and blend out with either my fingers or a separate blush brush.

I have NC30 skin with heavy olive undertones and the beautiful coral shade in the pan does not show up at all on my skintone! As you can tell from the pictures above the colour is more of a wash of coral undertone pink with shimmers. I can see the colour looking quite nice on paler skin tones with two or more coats but it's just not cutting it for me. 
 
The finish is very powdery as mentioned above. It clearly looks like there is just a layer of powder sitting on the skin (not cute). 

The barely there wash of colour only stayed on my skin for about 2 hours until I had to reapply. 

I've tried other The Face Shop products and this product does not do the brand justice. It's like one of those really hot girls with no depth to them. 

xxx Jenny

  • Overall rating:2/5
  • Recommend to a friend: No
  • Buy Again: No 
  

Comments

  1. Great review, Jenny :D I heard a lot of bad things from this blusher too~btw, I think we have about the same skin tone :D And anyways, thanks for the review~! You haven't been active for a long time

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      School and such has just been taking over my life and I had a bit of a hard time adjusting to the new school year! But I'm here and I'm back!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts