Tony Moly Party Lover Triple Dome Eyeshadow in #14 Nude Pink Brown


As many of you are already aware, I am an avid Korean Cosmetics enthusiast! Those Koreans never fail to impress me with their combination of high quality packaging and products to match. But one thing that I've never really been into are Korean eye shadows. Perhaps it is the lack of eyeshadow that Koreans wear, or the fact that the only type of eyeshadow they do wear consist of sparkly pinks, whites, and/or orange and brown mattes. 

What it claims: Achieve eyes that stand out and get noticed with Tony Moly's Party Lover Triple Dome Eye Shadow.  This 3 in one eye shadow goes on smoothly and blends just as well.  Super convenient and great for all occassions.  Especially great for those looking for that smokey eye look.

I came across these eyeshadow trios ($15.99) as I was shopping around my local Tony Moly store and was attracted to the convince and, well, the pretty colours. I look at the colours individually and the likelihood that I would be able to pair them with other eye shadows in my collection when shopping for shadows. Truthfully, I've been looking for a true pink and this one seemed to cut it! The pink is wearable and isn't complete shimmer when applied on the skin unlike MAC's Pink Venus. 

All the colours have a golden undertone so they match nicely under my NC30 skin.

The shadows are finely milled and have a velvet-like texture to them. They have a very pretty satin finish and blend very nicely with either your fingers or a blending brush. Unfortunately, there were a lot of fall outs during application so I recommend have a tissue resting on your cheekbone!

The colours are modestly pigmented, nothing amazing but far better than your average drugstore eyeshadow palette. The darker colours are considerably more pigmented than the lighter colours. I particularly like the bronze colour in this trio, it is a very true bronze with a burgundy hue. The gold colour could be a bit more pigmented as it pretty much disappeared after blending with a brush. My Covergirl Eyeshadow Trio in Sunset Gold has a stronger gold that I'd much rather sub for. The pink, is by far the best pink eyeshadow that I've ever come across. With that being said, I've never been impressed by a Pink shadow until today. I've tried countless ones from countless different brands, from NYC, to Revlon, to Chanel and they all come off as a white with pink undertones. This is a beautiful and wearable pink with iridescent shimmers. 

The wear on the shadows aren't that great. The darker colour faded to a weird muted brown with shimmers in 4 hours, and the pink and gold shade were virtually invisible by the 3rd hour (on Urban Decay Primer Potion).

The trio comes in a very sturdy plastic snap case. The packaging reminds me a lot of Shu Uemura Products. The plastic material calls for easy breakage but it's designed well enough that it won't be snapping around in your makeup bag.

Overall, I do like this eyeshadow trio because it is convenient and has some of the most unique colours I've seen in a while. The pink, and bronze is enough reason for me to keep this trio in my collection. The shadows themselves are quite mediocre and the formulas are nothing special, although the wear is probably the only major downside to the product.

xxx Jenny
  • Overall rating: 3.5/5
  • Recommend to a friend: No
  • Buy Again: Probably not

Comments

  1. Ah, sorry that this was a miss. The bronze color looks so pretty though!

    xx.
    Stephanie | fashion and tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think korean makeup products are some of the best. (especially the skincare ones!) I am sorry that this product was a miss for you, but it is very pretty and I love the packaging =)

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts