Help! My Cushion Foundation is too light!


Cushion compacts are everywhere nowadays. With the globalization of South Korean beauty products and the emergence of the natural and dewy skin trend, there are countless cushion products on the market now. Ranging from foundation to bb to cc creams and drastically different price points, consumers shouldn't have a problem finding one for them. Although, there's one major issue that makes finding your HG cushion compact incredibly difficult: the colour range. If you are anything darker than a NC30 (MAC),or a light-medium skin tone you most likely have to look towards western brands such as Lancome and Dior to find a shade for you. The trouble with this is that they are incredibly expensive for what I feel is the same quality that you'd be getting with popular South Korean brands such as Laneige, IOPE, or Innesfree among the plethora of options. From what I know, they've been actively expanding their colour range but even so it is hard to get a spot on colour match when you're buying over the internet as pictures can be deceiving, and with the added grey cast that many products have due to the SPF content the chances of missing your shade is high. 

BUT! All hope is not lost! You can still get your money's worth and fall in love with your product using a little trick of mines. 

What I do is actually use it as I would a highlighter and an under-eye concealer. Because of it's luminous and dewy finish it works incredibly well to add a natural sheen to your cheeks, bridge of your nose or anywhere else you would usually apply a matte highlighter. It's less opaque and looks a lot nicer on the skin than some matte highlighters used for the same purpose that are currently on the market. It's also super light on the skin and if you can get a BB or CC compact it'll have skin care benefits as well! Now that's a win! 

I just go in with either a beauty blender or a small square brush (i'm using one by MAC) and blend away. 

Another additional use of these is to use as a palette or platform of sorts for dispersing products. I especially like using it with sample sized powder products because the small packaging makes it hard to pick up and distribute the right amount of power on the brush so I just tap some into this like "makeup dome." What I've done here is I popped out the actually makeup compact out from the bottom as if I was replacing it with a refill. I'm using a cushion compact from IOPE but you can do this with any compact from any brand. I really like this method because I don't have to worry about power going all over the place because it's surrounding by what I like to call them, "ceilings." 


 I hope some of you find this post useful and please let me know if you try these out! 

xxx Jenny

Comments

Popular Posts